Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Why flavcity and why Bobby Approved?

 Why flavcity and why Bobby Approved? 

After watching practically every video and YouTube about this tiny person making meals that most adults can't do for themselves. I needed to figure out how to implement this in my daily life (remember I do have a husband who loves short cuts and food). I did my research and wrote down all of my past food history and what worked and what didn't.

Fitness at Your Own Pace and Control <------- My Amazon Associate, so shopping Amazon through this link helps me!! So thank you in advance

What worked: 

Mindset, I was always a child that pushed that envelope. I grew up in a house of males, so naturally I became strong but that sneaky Irish Grandmum passed on that stubborn gene called tenacity. Work ethics, I worked so many jobs at one time that I honestly didn't have time to eat or my work was what most people consider physical labor. But like a true female, I operate on emotions. 

(Memory)

My 5th grade award ceremony. I had just done my first year of track and field. And I sucked. Well I thought I did, that was my mindset. I once got 3rd place and was excited. My coach was so proud of me that day, because I was sick as a dog and I still ran. He had said "We are going to have you sit this one out, you can't do it". Ohhhhh that tenacity kicked in, and I demanded to run. He threw his hands up in the air and said ok, "Let's do it and do it quickly" He had never told me, I "COULDN'T" do it once since day 1. Well, the rest of the season I mostly got 4th or 5th place but never last place. 


So the day of the award ceremony, I was getting ready (because it was a dinner too), I heard my baby brother scream. I ran outside to where he was and he screamed "Sissy don't come over here", my dad was quickly to my side. My dad went into action because he didn't see what my baby brother was talking about, but saw a car on the side of the road with a smashed up window. My brother had witnessed my cat getting killed. My cat was sleeping in the flower plot on our property and this man decided to do a hit and run and killed my cat. My brother proceeded to throw a rather large rock at his car and well, the end result is that this man got into a lot of trouble and my brother received his first bill ever that he was proud to work the entire summer to pay off. My poor Samantha had been killed. And I had lost it. I sobbed for hours. I no longer cared about the award dinner now. I just wanted to go to bed and cry forever. My Dad made me go, he said "Holbrook's, never quit", (he was famous for saying that). 

And the MOST IMPROVEMENT in an athlete trophy goes to EVIELYNNE HOLBROOK. It was a complete blurrrrrr, I didn't get the joy or understanding of that trophy until the following season. So the next season comes, and my now SNEAKY coach figured out how to get my legs to move my butt faster. He taught me to use my anger and release it in my runs. That first race I got 3rd and then for the rest of the season I was either in 2nd or 1st place and the year after, I was untouchable. My mindset was used against me and I did it!!


What Didn't Work:

Cancer. I allowed this disease to control me and how people spoke to me. And when I hit that rabbit hole the first time it lasted 3 months and the 2nd time a year. So in the rabbit hole I gained so much weight and was scared. Waiting for the words "You have this _____ much time left". Sure I took my meds like a good girl, I listened to what everyone was saying, you need to stop but when I stopped I wasn't supposed to. My world was this, this, this, that, that, that and just all over the place. Then I went on a great program Gerson Therapy and it was working, until we hit the road as RVers, we made the huge mistake and went to Quartzsite and I allowed people to dictate their opinions and I became someone that I'm not. That winter it got worse in my head and thank goodness it was part of my rabbit hole medical depression. You know, a guy with lung cancer gets a reprieve and instead of doing better for himself, he goes right back to smoking. That was so me. When the worst of THOSE people left, and we headed out ourselves, each mile somehow how gave me courage to say "Hey stupid, you made some mistakes, so how do we fix this" TIME. I needed time. So that summer, I practiced walking away from things that weren't good for me and you know what? Coalville, Utah did just what I needed to learn. (I am most grateful to Quartzsite/Coalville drama that I caused and for what those TERRIBLE individuals did because you see, it's going to play a big part in my food fighting recovery) 

So now I am in a new spot, around super good people, I have all the time in the world to learn quickly what I need to do right, by my body. I researched and watched tons of videos until the day I came across flavcity's daughter's video. Somehow this feels different. I didn't need Mark's support, I just wanted his support. 

So I finally started watching videos in front of Mark, and he liked what he was hearing and seeing, and said it was a lot like gerson therapy of sorts. That he would like to do it with me. WHAT????? 

But to answer the question very quickly about why flavcity. It was because he makes food fun, scary, expensive, smarter, and easier. He talks about WHY things are bad for you, he gives you an explanation to the definition of words and what the cause and effect they are to us. We were his students and still are. We went to a F- to what I'd say a C- right now. He goes to those stores and shops and helps us to see what we can and can't buy if we want to be free of the GOVERNMENT cover up on what's in our foods. Our food bill went from $200 a month to $400 a month, we made that decision as a team. Mark decided to donate plasma and everything he makes from there pays for our groceries as we are working toward getting a newer RV (like a wicked NICER/BIGGER one - has to have a bigger kitchen and island - thanks Bobby lol)... 

So that's going to be it for now on this post. Again if you are just tuning in, I am writing this for ME. I am not a doctor, nor am I pushing anything on anyone. I just know, sometimes people are seeking for others like them and don't know where to start. And this is how I am getting better by using food/exercise or whatnot.  

If you want to see what kinds of foods flavcity has us making: https://www.flavcity.com/ and this is how we shop for our foods at ANY grocery stores: 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bobby-approved/id1571725006

or

find the app on Play Store 






NOTE TO SELF: (you are doing so good, Mark is doing great and together we are eating so much better) people are going to be on top of their soap box and that's ok. Don't take it personally. EVERYONE has the right to choose for themselves. This is my story and it's ok to be an example but never ok to force your opinions on others without them having the freedom to choose what works for them. We are NOT doctors and speak only from what is happening to us and how we got here only!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our November 2023 expenses.